Thursday, April 29, 2010

Distant.

I woke up today and the world wasn't the same. It was made up of tiny spots that hung close together, like dust kicked up into the air, and each spot was a piece of the world we see. They hung so close that the image was obvious, but they spread out distant enough that nothing was clear. It was as if the universe was falling apart, one atom at a time, and I could see it all breaking up. I watched and wondered why this didn't scare me. Why was something so disastrous taking place right in from of me without inciting the slightest emotion at all? I should be trembling at the thought, stirring around in my rapid mind, trying to figure it out. Hoping that a solution pops up before it's far too late. I ran the gamut of possibilities in my mind. The conclusion is always the same. I was simply too used to watching the world fall apart around me. This time, though infinitely more real, was nothing worth getting worked up about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment